17 CFR 44.03 - Reporting transition swaps to a swap data repository or to the Commission.
(a) A counterparty to a post-enactment pre-effective swap transaction shall:
(1) As required by the reporting rules required to be adopted pursuant to Section 2(h)(5)(B) of the Commodity Exchange Act, report data related to a transition swap to a registered swap data repository or the Commission by the compliance date established in such reporting rules or within 60 days after an appropriate swap data repository becomes registered with the Commission and commences operations to receive and maintain data related to such swap, whichever occurs first, the following information with respect to the swap transaction:
(i) A copy of the transaction confirmation, in electronic form if available, or in written form if there is no electronic copy;
(ii) The time, if available, that the transaction was executed; and
(2) Report to the Commission on request, in the form and manner prescribed by the Commission, any information relating to the swap transaction.
In order to comply with the reporting requirements contained in paragraphs (a)(1) and (a)(2) of this section, each counterparty to a post-enactment pre-effective swap transaction that may be required to report such transaction should retain, in its existing format, all information and documents, to the extent and in such form as they exist on the effective date of this section, relating to: the terms of a swap transaction, including but not limited to any information necessary to identify and value the transaction (e.g., underlying asset and tenor); the date and time of execution of the transaction; volume (e.g., notional or principal amount); information relevant to the price and payment for the transaction until the swap is terminated, reaches maturity or is novated; whether the transaction was accepted for clearing and, if so, the identity of such clearing organization; any modification(s) to the terms of the transaction; and the final confirmation of the transaction.
(b) Reporting party. The counterparties to a swap transaction shall report the information required under paragraph (a) of this section as follows:
(1) Where only one counterparty to a swap transaction is a swap dealer or a major swap participant, the swap dealer or major swap participant shall report the transaction;
(2) Where one counterparty to a swap transaction is a swap dealer and the other counterparty is a major swap participant, the swap dealer shall report the transaction; and
(3) Where neither counterparty to a swap transaction is a swap dealer or a major swap participant, the counterparties to the transaction shall select the counterparty who will report the transaction.