18 CFR 157.20 - General conditions applicable to certificates.
Such of the following terms and conditions, among others, as the Commission shall find is required by the public convenience and necessity, shall attach to the issuance of each certificate and to the exercise of the rights granted thereunder.
(a) The certificate shall be void and without force or effect unless accepted in writing by applicant within 30 days from the issue date of the order issuing such certificate: Provided, however, That when an application for rehearing of such order is filed in accordance with section 19 of the Natural Gas Act, such acceptance shall be filed within 30 days from the issue date of the order of the Commission upon the application for rehearing or within 30 days from the date on which such application may be deemed to have been denied when the Commission has not acted on such application within 30 days after it has been filed: Provided further, That when a petition for review is filed in accordance with the provisions of section 19 of the Natural Gas Act, such acceptance shall be filed within 30 days after final disposition of the judicial review proceedings thus initiated.
(b) Any authorized construction, extension, or acquisition shall be completed and made available for service by applicant and any authorized operation, service, or sale shall be available for regular performance by applicant within (period of time to be specified by the Commission in each order) from the issue date of the Commission's order issuing the certificate. Applicant shall notify the Commission in writing no later than 10 days after expiration of this time period that the end-user/shipper is unable to meet the imposed timetable to commence service.
(c) Applicant must file with the Commission, in writing and under oath, an original and four conformed copies, as prescribed in § 385.2011 of this chapter and, upon request must furnish an intervener with a single copy, of the following:
(1) Within ten days after the bona fide beginning of construction, notice of the date of such beginning;
(2) Within ten days after authorized facilities have been constructed and placed in service or any authorized operation, sale, or service has commenced, notice of the date of such placement and commencement and
(3) Within six months after authorized facilities have been constructed, a statement showing, on the basis of all costs incurred to that date and estimated to be incurred for final completion of the project, the cost of constructing authorized facilities, such total costs to be classified according to the estimates submitted in the certificate proceeding and compared therewith and any significant differences explained.
(d) With respect to an acquisition authorized by the certificate, applicant must file with the Commission, in writing and under oath, an original and four conformed copies as prescribed in § 385.2011 of this chapter the following:
(1) Within 10 days after acquisition and the beginning of authorized operations, notice of the dates of acquisition and the beginning of operations; and
(2) Within 10 days after authorized facilities have been constructed and within 10 days after such facilities have been placed in service or any authorized operation, sale, or service has commenced, notice of the date of such completion, placement, and commencement, and
(e) The certificate issued to applicant is not transferable in any manner and shall be effective only so long as applicant continues the operations authorized by the order issuing such certificate and in accordance with the provisions of the Natural Gas Act, as well as applicable rules, regulations, and orders of the Commission.
(f) In the interest of safety and reliability of service, facilities authorized by the certificate shall not be operated at pressures exceeding the maximum operating pressure set forth in Exhibit G-II to the application as it may be amended prior to issuance of the certificate. In the event the applicant thereafter wishes to change such maximum operating pressure it shall file an appropriate petition for amendment of the certificate. Such petition shall include the reasons for the proposed change. Nothing contained herein authorizes a natural gas company to operate any facility at a pressure above the maximum prescribed by state law, if such law requires a lower pressure than authorized hereby.