18 CFR 35.1 - Application; obligation to file rate schedules, tariffs and certain service agreements.
(a) Every public utility shall file with the Commission and post, in conformity with the requirements of this part, full and complete rate schedules and tariffs and those service agreements not meeting the requirements of § 35.1(g), clearly and specifically setting forth all rates and charges for any transmission or sale of electric energy subject to the jurisdiction of this Commission, the classifications, practices, rules and regulations affecting such rates, charges, classifications, services, rules, regulations or practices, as required by section 205(c) of the Federal Power Act ( 49 Stat. 851; 16 U.S.C. 824d(c)). Where two or more public utilities are parties to the same rate schedule or tariff, each public utility transmitting or selling electric energy subject to the jurisdiction of this Commission shall post and file such rate schedule, or the rate schedule may be filed by one such public utility and all other parties having an obligation to file may post and file a certificate of concurrence on the form indicated in § 131.52 of this chapter: Provided, however, In cases where two or more public utilities are required to file rate schedules or certificates of concurrence such public utilities may authorize a designated representative to file upon behalf of all parties if upon written request such parties have been granted Commission authorization therefor.
(b) A rate schedule, tariff, or service agreement applicable to a transmission or sale of electric energy, other than that which proposes to supersede, cancel or otherwise change the provisions of a rate schedule, tariff, or service agreement required to be on file with this Commission, shall be filed as an initial rate in accordance with § 35.12.
(c) A rate schedule, tariff, or service agreement applicable to a transmission or sale of electric energy which proposes to supersede, cancel or otherwise change any of the provisions of a rate schedule, tariff, or service agreement required to be on file with this Commission (such as providing for other or additional rates, charges, classifications or services, or rules, regulations, practices or contracts for a particular customer or customers) shall be filed as a change in rate in accordance with § 35.13, except cancellation or termination which shall be filed as a change in accordance with § 35.15.
(1) The provisions of this paragraph (d) shall apply to rate schedules, tariffs or service agreements tendered for filing on or after August 1, 1976, which are applicable to the transmission or sale of firm power for resale to an all-requirements customer, whether tendered pursuant to § 35.12 as an initial rate schedule or tendered pursuant to § 35.13 as a change in an existing rate schedule whose term has expired or whose term is to be extended.
(2) Rate schedules, tariffs or service agreements covered by the terms of paragraph (d)(1) of this section shall contain the following provision when it is the intent of the contracting parties to give the party furnishing service the unrestricted right to file unilateral rate changes under section 205 of the Federal Power Act:
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as affecting in any way the right of the party furnishing service under this rate schedule to unilaterally make application to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for a change in rates under section 205 of the Federal Power Act and pursuant to the Commission's Rules and Regulations promulgated thereunder.
(3) Rate schedules, tariffs or service agreements covered by the terms of paragraph (d)(1) of this section shall contain the following provision when it is the intent of the contracting parties to withhold from the party furnishing service the right to file any unilateral rate changes under section 205 of the Federal Power Act:
The rates for service specified herein shall remain in effect for the term of _____ or until _____, and shall not be subject to change through application to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission pursuant to the provisions of Section 205 of the Federal Power Act absent the agreement of all parties thereto.
(4) Rate schedules covered by the terms of paragraph (d)(1) of this section, but which are not covered by paragraphs (d)(2) or (d)(3) of this section, are not required to contain either of the boilerplate provisions set forth in paragraph (d)(2) or (d)(3) of this section.
(e) No public utility shall, directly or indirectly, demand, charge, collect or receive any rate, charge or compensation for or in connection with electric service subject to the jurisdiction of the Commission, or impose any classification, practice, rule, regulation or contract with respect thereto, which is different from that provided in a rate schedule required to be on file with this Commission unless otherwise specifically provided by order of the Commission for good cause shown.
(f) A rate schedule applicable to the sale of electric power by a public utility to the Bonneville Power Administration under section 5(c) of the Pacific Northwest Electric Power Planning and Conservation Act (Pub. L. No. 96-501 (1980)) shall be filed in accordance with subpart D of this part.
(g) For the purposes of paragraph (a) of this section, any service agreement that conforms to the form of service agreement that is part of the public utility's approved tariff pursuant to § 35.10a of this chapter and any market-based rate service agreement pursuant to a tariff shall not be filed with the Commission. All agreements must, however, be retained and be made available for public inspection and copying at the public utility's business office during regular business hours and provided to the Commission or members of the public upon request. Any individually executed service agreement for transmission, cost-based power sales, or other generally applicable services that deviates in any material respect from the applicable form of service agreement contained in the public utility's tariff and all unexecuted agreements under which service will commence at the request of the customer, are subject to the filing requirements of this part.
- 18 CFR 35.1 — Application; Obligation to File Rate Schedules, Tariffs and Certain Service Agreements.
- 18 CFR 35.13 — Filing of Changes in Rate Schedules, Tariffs or Service Agreements.
- 18 CFR 131.52 — Certificate of Concurrence.
- 18 CFR 375.302 — Delegations to the Secretary.
- 18 CFR 35.21 — Applicability to Licensees and Others Subject to Section 19 or 20 of the Federal Power Act.
- 18 CFR 35.12 — Filing of Initial Rate Schedules and Tariffs.