18 CFR 358.3 - Definitions.
(a)Affiliate of a specified entity means:
(1) Another person that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with, the specified entity. An affiliate includes a division of the specified entity that operates as a functional unit.
(3) “Control” as used in this definition means the direct or indirect authority, whether acting alone or in conjunction with others, to direct or cause to direct the management policies of an entity. A voting interest of 10 percent or more creates a rebuttable presumption of control.
(b)Internet Web site refers to the Internet location where an interstate natural gas pipeline or a public utility posts the information, by electronic means, required under this part 358.
(c)Marketing functions means:
(1) in the case of public utilities and their affiliates, the sale for resale in interstate commerce, or the submission of offers to sell in interstate commerce, of electric energy or capacity, demand response, virtual transactions, or financial or physical transmission rights, all as subject to an exclusion for bundled retail sales, including sales of electric energy made by providers of last resort (POLRs) acting in their POLR capacity; and
(2) in the case of interstate pipelines and their affiliates, the sale for resale in interstate commerce, or the submission of offers to sell in interstate commerce, natural gas, subject to the following exclusions:
(i) Bundled retail sales,
(ii) Incidental purchases or sales of natural gas to operate interstate natural gas pipeline transmission facilities,
(iii) Sales of natural gas solely from a seller's own production,
(iv) Sales of natural gas solely from a seller's own gathering or processing facilities, and
(v) On-system sales by an intrastate natural gas pipeline, by a Hinshaw interstate pipeline exempt from the Natural Gas Act, by a local distribution company, or by a local distribution company operating under section 7(f) of the Natural Gas Act.
(d)Marketing function employee means an employee, contractor, consultant or agent of a transmission provider or of an affiliate of a transmission provider who actively and personally engages on a day-to-day basis in marketing functions.
(e)Open Access Same Time Information System or OASIS refers to the Internet location where a public utility posts the information required by part 37 of this chapter, and where it may also post the information required to be posted on its Internet Web site by this part 358.
(f)Transmission means electric transmission, network or point-to-point service, ancillary services or other methods of electric transmission, or the interconnection with jurisdictional transmission facilities, under part 35 of this chapter; and natural gas transportation, storage, exchange, backhaul, or displacement service provided pursuant to subparts B or G of part 284 of this chapter.
(g)Transmission customer means any eligible customer, shipper or designated agent that can or does execute a transmission service agreement or can or does receive transmission service, including all persons who have pending requests for transmission service or for information regarding transmission.
(j)Transmission function information means information relating to transmission functions.
(k)Transmission provider means:
(1) Any public utility that owns, operates or controls facilities used for the transmission of electric energy in interstate commerce; or
(2) Any interstate natural gas pipeline that transports gas for others pursuant to subparts B or G of part 284 of this chapter.
(3) A transmission provider does not include a natural gas storage provider authorized to charge market-based rates.
(m)Waiver means the determination by a transmission provider, if authorized by its tariff, to waive any provisions of its tariff for a given entity.
- 18 CFR 38.2 — Communication and Information Sharing Among Public Utilities and Pipelines.
- 18 CFR 358.3 — Definitions.
- 18 CFR 157.35 — Undue Discrimination or Preference.
- 18 CFR 284.12 — Standards for Pipeline Business Operations and Communications.
- 18 CFR 284.15 — Bidding by Affiliates in Open Seasons for Pipeline Capacity.
- 18 CFR 157.34 — Notice of Open Season.
- 18 CFR 250.16 — Format of Compliance Plan for Transportation Services and Affiliate Transactions.
Title 18 published on 2015-08-22.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 18 CFR Part 358.