18 CFR 701.303 - Conditions of disclosure.
(a) Subject to the conditions of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, the Council will not disclose any record which is contained in a system of records, by any means of communication to any person who is not an individual to whom the record pertains.
(2) Required under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552);
(3) For a routine use compatible with the purpose for which it was collected;
(4) To the Bureau of Census for purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity under the provisions of Title 13 of the United States Code;
(5) To a recipient who has provided the Council with adequate advance written assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record, and the record is to be transferred in a form that is not individually identifiable;
(6) To the National Archives of the United States as a record which has sufficient historical or other value to warrant its continued preservation by the United States government, or for evaluation by the Administrator of General Services or his designee to determine whether the record has such value;
(7) To another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity authorized by law: Provided, The head of the agency or instrumentality has made a prior written request to the Assistant Director Program Coordination and Management specifying the particular record and the law enforcement activity for which it is sought;
(8) To a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstance affecting the health or safety of an individual: Provided, That upon such disclosure notification is transmitted to the last known address of such individual (and see § 701.306);
(9) To either House of Congress, and to the extent of a matter within its jurisdiction, any committee or subcommittee, or joint committee of Congress;
(10) To the Comptroller General, or any of his authorized representatives in the course of the performance of the duties of the GAO; or
(11) Under an order of a court of competent jurisdiction.