19 CFR 10.450 - Definitions.
(a)Adjusted value. “Adjusted value” means the value determined in accordance with Articles 1 through 8, Article 15, and the corresponding interpretative notes of the Customs Valuation Agreement, adjusted, if necessary, to exclude any costs, charges, or expenses incurred for transportation, insurance, and related services incident to the international shipment of the merchandise from the country of exportation to the place of importation and the value of packing materials and containers for shipment as defined in § 10.450(m) of this subpart;
(d)Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. “Generally Accepted Accounting Principles” means the principles, rules, and procedures, including both broad and specific guidelines, that define the accounting practices accepted in the territory of a Party;
(e)Good. “Good” means any merchandise, product, article, or material;
(f)Goods wholly obtained or produced entirely in the territory of one or both of the Parties. “Goods wholly obtained or produced entirely in the territory of one or both of the Parties” means:
(3) Live animals born and raised in the territory of one or both of the Parties;
(9) Waste and scrap derived from:
(11) Goods produced in the territory of one or both of the Parties exclusively from goods referred to in paragraphs (f)(1) through (f)(10) of this section, or from their derivatives, at any stage of production;
(m)Packing materials and containers for shipment. “Packing materials and containers for shipment” means the goods used to protect a good during its transportation to the United States, and does not include the packaging materials and containers in which a good is packaged for retail sale;
(o)Production. “Production” means growing, mining, harvesting, fishing, raising, trapping, hunting, manufacturing, processing, assembling, or disassembling a good;
(p)Recovered goods. “Recovered goods” means materials in the form of individual parts that are the result of:
(2) The cleaning, inspecting, testing, or other processing of those parts as necessary for improvement to sound working condition by one or more of the following processes: welding, flame spraying, surface machining, knurling, plating, sleeving, and rewinding in order for such parts to be assembled with other parts, including other recovered parts in the production of a remanufactured good of Annex 4.18, US-CFTA;
(1) Are entirely or partially comprised of recovered goods;
(2) Have the same life expectancy and meet the same performance standards as new goods; and
(3) Enjoy the same factory warranty as such new goods; and
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 19 CFR Part 10 after this date.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.