19 CFR 142.3 - Entry documentation required.
(1)Entry. CBP Form 3461 (appropriately modified), or its electronic equivalent, except that CBP Form 7533 (appropriately modified), or its electronic equivalent, in duplicate, may be used in place of CBP Form 3461 for merchandise imported from a contiguous country. The form used must be prepared in accordance with § 141.61(a)(1) of this chapter.
(2)Evidence of the right to make entry. Evidence of the right to make entry, as set forth in § 141.11 of this chapter.
(3)Commercial invoice. A commercial invoice, except that in those instances listed in § 141.83(d) of this chapter where a commercial invoice is not required, a pro forma invoice or other acceptable documentation listed in that section may be submitted in place of a commercial invoice.
(4)Packing list. A packing list, where appropriate.
(5)Other documentation. Other documents which may be required by CBP or other Federal, State, or local agencies for a particular shipment.
(6)Identification. When merchandise is imported having been sold, or consigned, to a person in the United States, the name, street address, and appropriate identification number of that person, as provided in § 24.5 of this chapter, must be shown on the entry documents (CBP Form 3461, 3461 ALT, 7501), or their electronic equivalents. When, at the time of immediate delivery, entry or release, there is no known buyer, the name, street address, and appropriate identification number (as above) of the premises in the United States to which the merchandise is to be delivered must be shown on the entry or release documents.
(1) CBP Form 3461 or 7533, or their electronic equivalents, will not be required; and
(2) CBP Form 7501 or CBP Form 3311, or their electronic equivalent, (as appropriate, see§ 142.11) may serve as both the entry and the entry summary documentation if the additional documentation set forth in paragraphs (a)(2), (3), (4) and (5) of this section and § 142.16(b) is filed.
(d)Electronic format. The entry documentation identified in this section may be submitted to CBP in either a paper or, where appropriate, an electronic format.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 19 CFR Part 142 after this date.
- 19 CFR 142.17a — One Consolidated Entry Summary for Multiple Ultimate Consignees.
- 19 CFR 142.2 — Time for Filing Entry.
- 19 CFR 143.23 — Form of Entry.
- 19 CFR 141.56 — Single Entry Summary for Multiple Transportation Entries Consigned to the Same Consignee.
- 19 CFR 141.101 — Time of Deposit.
- 19 CFR 142.7 — Examination of Merchandise.
- 19 CFR 141.0a — Definitions.
- 19 CFR 149.6 — Entry and Entry Summary Documentation and Importer Security Filing Submitted via a Single Electronic Transmission.
- 19 CFR 142.16 — Entry Summary Documentation.
- 19 CFR 143.32 — Definitions.
- 19 CFR 142.22 — Application for Special Permit for Immediate Delivery.
- 19 CFR 141.63 — Submission of Entry Summary Documentation for Preliminary Review.
- 19 CFR 141.68 — Time of Entry.
- 19 CFR 133.21 — Articles Suspected of Bearing Counterfeit Marks.
- 19 CFR 142.14 — Delinquent Payment of Customs Bills.
- 19 CFR 144.11 — Form of Entry.
- 19 CFR 10.31 — Entry; Bond.
- 19 CFR 10.1 — Domestic Products; Requirements on Entry.
- 19 CFR 12.121 — Reporting Requirements.
Title 19 published on 2015-11-19.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.