2 CFR § 200.208 - Specific conditions.
(a) Federal awarding agencies are responsible for ensuring that specific Federal award conditions are consistent with the program design reflected in § 200.202 and include clear performance expectations of recipients as required in § 200.301.
(1) Based on the criteria set forth in § 200.206;
(4) A responsibility determination of an applicant or recipient.
(c) Additional Federal award conditions may include items such as the following:
(1) Requiring payments as reimbursements rather than advance payments;
(2) Withholding authority to proceed to the next phase until receipt of evidence of acceptable performance within a given performance period;
(3) Requiring additional, more detailed financial reports;
(4) Requiring additional project monitoring;
(5) Requiring the non-Federal entity to obtain technical or management assistance; or
(6) Establishing additional prior approvals.
(1) The nature of the additional requirements;
(2) The reason why the additional requirements are being imposed;
(3) The nature of the action needed to remove the additional requirement, if applicable;
(4) The time allowed for completing the actions if applicable; and
(5) The method for requesting reconsideration of the additional requirements imposed.
(e) Any additional requirements must be promptly removed once the conditions that prompted them have been satisfied.