20 CFR 498.206 - Prehearing conferences.
(a) The ALJ will schedule at least one prehearing conference, and may schedule additional prehearing conferences as appropriate, upon reasonable notice to the parties.
(b) The ALJ may use prehearing conferences to address the following:
(1) Simplification of the issues;
(2) The necessity or desirability of amendments to the pleadings, including the need for a more definite statement;
(3) Stipulations and admissions of fact as to the contents and authenticity of documents and deadlines for challenges, if any, to the authenticity of documents;
(4) Whether the parties can agree to submission of the case on a stipulated record;
(5) Whether a party chooses to waive appearance at a hearing and to submit only documentary evidence (subject to the objection of other parties) and written argument;
(6) Limitation of the number of witnesses;
(7) The time and place for the hearing and dates for the exchange of witness lists and of proposed exhibits;
(8) Discovery of documents as permitted by this part;
(9) Such other matters as may tend to encourage the fair, just, and expeditious disposition of the proceedings; and
(10) Potential settlement of the case.
Title 20 published on 2015-11-18
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 498 after this date.
Title 20 published on 2015-11-18.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 20.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.