20 CFR 641.565 - What policies govern the provision of wages and benefits to participants?
(2) The highest applicable required wage is either the minimum wage applicable under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938; the State or local minimum wage for the most nearly comparable covered employment; or the prevailing rate of pay for persons employed in similar public occupations by the same employer.
(i) Grantees and sub-recipients must provide benefits uniformly to all participants within a project or subproject, unless the Department agrees to waive this provision due to a determination that such a waiver is in the best interests of applicants, participants, and project administration.
(A) Physical examinations are a benefit, and not an eligibility criterion. The examining physician must provide, to the participant only, a written report of the results of the examination.
(B) Participants may choose not to accept the physical examination. In that case, the grantee or sub-recipient must document this refusal, through a signed statement, within 60 workdays after commencement of the community service assignment. Each year thereafter, grantees and sub-recipients must offer the physical examination and document the offer and any participant's refusal.
(iii) When participants are not covered by the State workers' compensation law, the grantee or sub-recipient must provide participants with workers' compensation benefits equal to those provided by law for covered employment. OAA § 504(b).
(v) Grantees and sub-recipients must provide compensation for scheduled work hours during which a host agency's business is closed for a Federal holiday, which may be paid or in the form of rescheduled work time.
(2)Prohibited wage and benefits costs.
(B) Annual leave.
(C) Accumulated sick leave.
(D) Bonuses. (OAA § 502(c)(6)(A)(i)).
Title 20 published on 20-May-2017 03:30
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 641 after this date.
- 20 CFR 641.535 — What Services Must Grantees and Sub-Recipients Provide to Participants?
- 20 CFR 641.864 — What Functions and Activities Constitute Programmatic Activity Costs?
- 20 CFR 641.850 — Are There Other Specific Allowable and Unallowable Cost Requirements for the SCSEP?
- 20 CFR 641.540 — What Types of Training May Grantees and Sub-Recipients Provide to SCSEP Participants in Addition to the Training Received at a Community Service Assignment?