20 CFR 655.200 - Scope and purpose of herding and range livestock regulations.
(a)Purpose. The purpose of §§ 655. 200-655.235 is to establish certain procedures for employers who apply to the Department of Labor to obtain labor certifications to hire temporary agricultural foreign workers to perform herding or production of livestock on the range, as defined in § 655.201. Unless otherwise specified in §§ 655. 200-655.235, employers whose job opportunities meet the qualifying criteria under §§ 655. 200-655.235 must fully comply with all of the requirements of §§ 655. 100-655.185; part 653, subparts B and F; and part 654 of this chapter.
(b)Jobs subject to §§ 655. 200-655.235. These procedures apply to job opportunities with the following unique characteristics:
(1) The work activities involve the herding or production of livestock (which includes work that is closely and directly related to herding and/or the production of livestock), as defined under § 655.201;
(2) The work is performed on the range for the majority (meaning more than 50 percent) of the workdays in the work contract period. Any additional work performed at a place other than the range must constitute the production of livestock (which includes work that is closely and directly related to herding and/or the production of livestock); and
(3) The work activities generally require the workers to be on call 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- 20 CFR 655.215 — Procedures for Filing Herding and Range Livestock Applications for Temporary Employment Certification.
- 20 CFR 655.210 — Contents of Herding and Range Livestock Job Orders.
- 20 CFR 655.235 — Standards for Range Housing.
- 20 CFR 655.220 — Processing Herding and Range Livestock Applications for Temporary Employment Certification.
- 20 CFR 655.201 — Definition of Herding and Range Livestock Terms.
- 20 CFR 655.211 — Herding and Range Livestock Wage Rate.
- 20 CFR 655.200 — Scope and Purpose of Herding and Range Livestock Regulations.