20 CFR 665.320 - May other activities be undertaken as part of rapid response?
Yes, a State or designated entity may provide rapid response activities in addition to the activities required to be provided under § 665.310. In order to provide effective rapid response upon notification of a permanent closure or mass layoff, or a natural or other disaster resulting in a mass job dislocation, the State or designated entity may:
(1) Develop prospective strategies for addressing dislocation events, that ensure rapid access to the broad range of allowable assistance;
(2) Identify strategies for the aversion of layoffs; and
(3) Develop and maintain mechanisms for the regular exchange of information relating to potential dislocations, available adjustment assistance, and the effectiveness of rapid response strategies.
(b) In collaboration with the appropriate State agency(ies), collect and analyze information related to economic dislocations, including potential closings and layoffs, and all available resources in the State for dislocated workers in order to provide an adequate basis for effective program management, review and evaluation of rapid response and layoff aversion efforts in the State.
(c) Participate in capacity building activities, including providing information about innovative and successful strategies for serving dislocated workers, with local areas serving smaller layoffs.
(d) Assist in devising and overseeing strategies for:
(1) Layoff aversion, such as prefeasibility studies of avoiding a plant closure through an option for a company or group, including the workers, to purchase the plant or company and continue it in operation;
(2) Incumbent worker training, including employer loan programs for employee skill upgrading; and
(3) Linkages with economic development activities at the Federal, State and local levels, including Federal Department of Commerce programs and available State and local business retention and recruitment activities.
Title 20 published on 2015-11-18.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 20 CFR Part 665.