20 CFR 668.430 - What individuals are eligible to receive supplemental youth services?
(a) Participants in supplemental youth services activities must be Native Americans, as determined by the INA grantee according to § 668.300(a), and must meet the definition of Eligible Youth, as defined in WIA section 101(13).
(b)Youth participants must be low-income individuals, except that not more than five percent (5%) who do not meet the minimum income criteria, may be considered eligible youth if they meet one or more of the following categories:
(1) School dropouts;
(2) Basic skills deficient as defined in WIA section 101(4);
(3) Have educational attainment that is one or more grade levels below the grade level appropriate to their age group;
(4) Pregnant or parenting;
(5) Have disabilities, including learning disabilities;
(6) Homeless or runaway youth;
(7) Offenders; or
(8) Other eligible youth who face serious barriers to employment as identified by the grantee in its Plan. (WIA sec. 129(c)(5).)