20 CFR § 670.120 - What definitions apply to this part?
The following definitions apply to this part:
Absent Without Official Leave (AWOL) means an adverse enrollment status to which a student is assigned based on extended, unapproved absence from his/her assigned center or off-center place of duty. Students do not earn Job Corps allowances while in AWOL status.
Applicable local board means a local Workforce Investment Board that:
Capital improvement means any modification, addition, restoration or other improvement:
(1) Which increases the usefulness, productivity, or serviceable life of an existing site, facility, building, structure, or major item of equipment;
(2) Which is classified for accounting purposes as a “fixed asset;” and
(3) The cost of which increases the recorded value of the existing building, site, facility, structure, or major item of equipment and is subject to depreciation.
Civilian conservation center (CCC) means a center operated on public land under an agreement between DOL and another Federal agency, which provides, in addition to other training and assistance, programs of work-based learning to conserve, develop, or manage public natural resources or public recreational areas or to develop community projects in the public interest.
Enrollee means an individual who has voluntarily applied for, been selected for, and enrolled in the Job Corps program, and remains with the program, but has not yet become a graduate. Enrollees are also referred to as “students” in this part.
Graduate means an enrollee who has:
(2) Achieved job readiness and employment skills as a result of participating in the Job Corps program.
Interagency agreement means a formal agreement between DOL and another Federal agency administering and operating centers. The agreement establishes procedures for the funding, administration, operation, and review of those centers as well as the resolution of any disputes.
Job Corps means the agency of the Department established by section 143 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) (20 U.S.C. 9201 et seq.) to perform those functions of the Secretary of Labor set forth in subtitle C of WIA Title I.
Low income individual means an individual who meets the definition in WIA section 101(25).
National Office means the national office of Job Corps.
National training contractor means a labor union, union-affiliated organization, business organization, association or a combination of such organizations, which has a contract with the national office to provide vocational training, placement, or other services.
Operational support services means activities or services required to support the operation of Job Corps, including:
(1) Outreach and admissions services;
(2) Contracted vocational training and off-center training;
(3) Placement services;
(4) Continued services for graduates;
(5) Certain health services; and
(6) Miscellaneous logistical and technical support.
Regional Office means a regional office of Job Corps.
Student means an individual enrolled in the Job Corps.
Unauthorized goods means:
(1) Firearms and ammunition;
(2) Explosives and incendiaries;
(3) Knives with blades longer than 2 inches;
(4) Homemade weapons;
(5) All other weapons and instruments used primarily to inflict personal injury;
(6) Stolen property;
(7) Drugs, including alcohol, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, tranquilizers, and drug paraphernalia except for drugs and/or paraphernalia that are prescribed for medical reasons; and