20 CFR 725.201 - Who is entitled to benefits; contents of this subpart.
(a) Part C of the Act provides for the payment of periodic benefits in accordance with this part to:
(1) A miner who meets the conditions of entitlement set forth in § 725.202(d); or
(2) The surviving spouse or surviving divorced spouse of a deceased miner who meets the conditions of entitlement set forth in § 725.212; or,
(3) Where neither exists, the child of a deceased miner who meets the conditions of entitlement set forth in § 725.218; or
(4) The surviving dependent parents, where there is no surviving spouse or child, or the surviving dependent brothers or sisters, where there is no surviving spouse, child, or parent, of a miner, who meet the conditions of entitlement set forth in § 725.222; or
(5) The child of a miner's surviving spouse who was receiving benefits under Part C of the Act at the time of such spouse's death.
(b) The provisions contained in this subpart describe the conditions of entitlement to benefits applicable to a miner, or a surviving spouse, child, parent, brother, or sister, and the events which establish or terminate entitlement to benefits.
(c) In order for an entitled miner or surviving spouse to qualify for augmented benefits because of one or more dependents, such dependents must meet relationship and dependency requirements with respect to such beneficiary prescribed by or pursuant to the Act. Such requirements are also set forth in this subpart.
Title 20 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 20 CFR Part 725 after this date.