20 CFR Part 408, Subpart I - Underpayments and Overpayments
Subject Group 269General Rules (§§ 408.900 - 408.905)
- § 408.900 What is this subpart about?
- § 408.901 What is an underpayment?
- § 408.902 What is an overpayment?
- § 408.903 How do we determine the amount of an underpayment or overpayment?
- § 408.904 How will you receive an underpayment?
- § 408.905 Will we withhold or adjust an underpayment to reduce an overpayment if that overpayment occurred in a different period?
Subject Group 270Waiver of Recovery of SVB Overpayments (§§ 408.910 - 408.914)
- § 408.910 When will we waive recovery of an SVB overpayment?
- § 408.911 What happens when we waive recovery of an SVB overpayment?
- § 408.912 When are you without fault regarding an overpayment?
- § 408.913 When would overpayment recovery defeat the purpose of the title VIII program?
- § 408.914 When would overpayment recovery be against equity and good conscience?
Subject Group 271Notices (§ 408.918)
Subject Group 272Refund of Overpayments (§ 408.920)
Subject Group 273Adjustment of SVB (§§ 408.922 - 408.923)
Subject Group 274Adjustment of Title II Benefits (§§ 408.930 - 408.933)
- § 408.930 Are title II and title XVI benefits subject to adjustment to recover title VIII overpayments?
- § 408.931 How much will we withhold from your title II and title XVI benefits to recover a title VIII overpayment?
- § 408.932 Will you receive notice of our intention to apply cross-program recovery?
- § 408.933 When will we begin cross-program recovery from your current monthly benefits?
Subject Group 275Tax Refund Offset (§§ 408.940 - 408.946)
- § 408.940 When will we refer an SVB overpayment to the Department of the Treasury for tax refund offset?
- § 408.941 Will we notify you before we refer an SVB overpayment for tax refund offset?
- § 408.942 Will you have a chance to present evidence showing that the overpayment is not past due or is not legally enforceable?
- § 408.943 What happens after we make our determination on your request for review or your request for waiver?
- § 408.944 How can you review our records related to an SVB overpayment?
- § 408.945 When will we suspend tax refund offset?
- § 408.946 What happens if your tax refund is insufficient to cover the amount of your SVB overpayment?
Subject Group 276Compromise Settlements, or Suspensions or Termination of Collection (§ 408.950)