21 CFR 1313.13 - Contents of import declaration.
(a) Any List I or List II chemical listed in § 1310.02 of this chapter may be imported if that chemical is necessary for medical, commercial, scientific, or other legitimate uses within the United States. Chemical importations into the United States for immediate transfer/transshipment outside the United States must comply with the procedures set forth in § 1313.31.
(b) Any regulated person who desires to import a threshold or greater quantity of a listed chemical shall notify the Administration through procedures set forth in § 1313.12 and distribute three copies of DEA Form 486 as directed in § 1313.14.
(c) The DEA Form 486 must be executed in triplicate and must include the following information:
(1) The name, address, telephone number, and, where available, the facsimile number of the chemical importer; the name, address, telephone number, and, where available, the facsimile number of the broker or forwarding agent (if any); and
(2) The name and description of each listed chemical as it appears on the label or container, the name of each chemical as it is designated in 1310.02 of this chapter, the size or weight of container, the number of containers, the net weight of each listed chemical given in kilograms or parts thereof; and the gross weight of the shipment given in kilograms or parts thereof; and
(3) The proposed import date, the foreign port of exportation and the first U.S. Customs Port of Entry; and
(4) The name, address, telephone number, telex number, and, where available, the facsimile number of the consigner in the foreign country of exportation; and
(5) The name, address, telephone number, and where available, the facsimile number of the person or persons to whom the importer intends to transfer the listed chemical and the quantity to be transferred to each transferee.
(d) Any regulated person importing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine must submit, on the import declaration, all information known to the importer on the chain of distribution of the chemical from the manufacturer to the importer. Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine include each of the salts, optical isomers, and salts of optical isomers of the chemical.
Title 21 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 21 CFR Part 1313 after this date.
Title 21 published on 2015-12-03.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 21.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.