21 CFR § 184.1328 - Glyceryl behenate.
(a) Glyceryl behenate is a mixture of glyceryl esters of behenic acid made from glycerin and behenic acid (a saturated C22 fatty acid). The mixture contains predominately glyceryl dibehenate.
(b) The ingredient meets the following specifications:
(1) 10 to 20 percent monoglyceride, 47 to 59 percent diglyceride, 26 to 38 percent triglyceride, and not more than 2.5 percent free fatty acids.
(2) Behenic acid. Between 80 and 90 percent of the total fatty acid content.
(3) Acid value. Not more than 4.
(4) Saponification value. Between 145 and 165.
(5) Iodine number. Not more than 3.
(6) Heavy metals (as Pb). Not more than 10 parts per million.
(c) In accordance with § 184.1(b)(1) of this chapter, the ingredient is used in food with no limitation other than current good manufacturing practice. The affirmation of this ingredient is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) as a direct human food ingredient is based upon the following current good manufacturing practice conditions of use:
(2) The ingredient is used in excipient formulations for use in tablets at levels not to exceed good manufacturing practice.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.