§ 625.4Standards, policies, and standard specifications.
The documents listed in this section are incorporated by reference with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51 and are on file at the Office of the Federal Register in Washington, DC. They are available as noted in paragraph (d) of this section. The other CFR references listed in this section are included for cross-reference purposes only.
(a)Roadway and appurtenances. (1) A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets, AASHTO 2001. [See § 625.4(d)(1)]
(2) A Policy on Design Standards Interstate System, AASHTO, January 2005. [See § 625.4(d)(1)]
(3) The geometric design standards for resurfacing, restoration, and rehabilitation (RRR) projects on NHS highways other than freeways shall be the procedures and the design or design criteria established for individual projects, groups of projects, or all nonfreeway RRR projects in a State, and as approved by the FHWA. The other geometric design standards in this section do not apply to RRR projects on NHS highways other than freeways, except as adopted on an individual State basis. The RRR design standards shall reflect the consideration of the traffic, safety, economic, physical, community, and environmental needs of the projects.
(4) Erosion and Sediment Control on Highway Construction Projects, refer to 23 CFR part 650, subpart B.
(5) Location and Hydraulic Design of Encroachments on Flood Plains, refer to 23 CFR part 650, subpart A.
(6) Procedures for Abatement of Highway Traffic Noise and Construction Noise, refer to 23 CFR part 772.
(7) Accommodation of Utilities, refer to 23 CFR part 645, subpart B.
(10) Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires and Traffic Signals, AASHTO 1994. [See § 625.4(d)(1)]
(11) Navigational Clearances for Bridges, refer to 23 CFR part 650, subpart H.
(c)Materials. (1) General Materials Requirements, refer to 23 CFR part 635, subpart D.
(2) Standard Specifications for Transportation Materials and Methods of Sampling and Testing, parts I and II, AASHTO 1995. [See § 625.4(d)(1)]
(3) Sampling and Testing of Materials and Construction, refer to 23 CFR part 637, subpart B.
(d) Availability of documents incorporated by reference. The documents listed in § 625.4 are incorporated by reference and are on file and available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/code_of_federal_regulations/ibr_locations.html. These documents may also be reviewed at the Department of Transportation Library. These documents are also available for inspection and copying as provided in 49 CFR part 7, appendix D. Copies of these documents may be obtained from the following organizations:
(1) American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), Suite 249, 444 North Capitol Street, NW., Washington, DC 20001.
(2) American Welding Society (AWS), 2501 Northwest Seventh Street, Miami, FL 33125.