24 CFR 1000.530 - What corrective and remedial actions will HUD request or recommend to address performance problems prior to taking action under § 1000.532?
(a) The following actions are designed, first, to prevent the continuance of the performance problem(s); second, to mitigate any adverse effects or consequences of the performance problem(s); and third, to prevent a recurrence of the same or similar performance problem. The following actions, at least one of which must be taken prior to a sanction under paragraph (b), may be taken by HUD singly or in combination, as appropriate for the circumstances:
(1) Issue a letter of warning advising the recipient of the performance problem(s), describing the corrective actions that HUD believes should be taken, establishing a completion date for corrective actions, and notifying the recipient that more serious actions may be taken if the performance problem(s) is not corrected or is repeated;
(2) Request the recipient to submit progress schedules for completing activities or complying with the requirements of this part;
(3) Recommend that the recipient suspend, discontinue, or not incur costs for the affected activity;
(4) Recommend that the recipient redirect funds from affected activities to other eligible activities;
(5) Recommend that the recipient reimburse the recipient's program account in the amount improperly expended; and
(6) Recommend that the recipient obtain appropriate technical assistance using existing grant funds or other available resources to overcome the performance problem(s).
(b) Failure of a recipient to address performance problems specified in paragraph (a) of this section may result in the imposition of sanctions as prescribed in § 1000.532.
Title 24 published on 2014-04-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 24 CFR Part 1000.