24 CFR 266.630 - Partial payment of claims.
(a) General. When the Commissioner receives a claim for a partial payment under § 266.626(d), the Commissioner may make a partial payment of claim in accordance with the requirements of this section. If the HFA has not previously received a partial claim payment, the HFA may file a claim for a partial claim payment under § 266.630. Otherwise, the HFA must file for an initial claim payment under § 266.628.
(b) HFA submission. In addition to any other requirements set forth in administration instructions, the HFA must provide the following information with its application for a partial claim payment:
(1) The amount by which the HFA will reduce the principal on the insured mortgage and the amount of delinquent interest on the insured mortgage that the HFA will defer based on the anticipated closing date; and
(2) A certification that:
(i) The amount of the principal reduction of the insured first mortgage does not exceed 50 percent of the unpaid principal balance;
(ii) The relief resulting from the partial claim payment when considered with other resources available to the project are sufficient to restore the financial viability of the project;
(iii) The project is or can (at reasonable cost) be made structurally sound;
(iv) The management of the project is satisfactory;
(c) Claim processing -
(1) Acceptable application. If the HFA's application is acceptable, the Commissioner shall notify the HFA to process the partial payment, which will include the modification of the existing mortgage and the execution by the mortgagor of a second mortgage payable to the HFA. When the second mortgage is closed, the HFA shall notify the Commissioner, in a form and manner prescribed in administrative instructions. Upon receipt of notice from the HFA, the Commissioner shall make the partial claim payment.
(2) Unacceptable application. If the application is unacceptable, the Commissioner shall either advise the HFA of the information needed to make the application acceptable or return the application for further action. The HFA is granted an extension of 30 days from the date of any notification for further action.
(d) Requirements -
(1) One partial claim payment. Only one partial claim payment may be made under a contract of insurance.
(2) Partial claim payment amount. The amount of the partial claim payment is equal to the amount of relief provided by the HFA in the form of a reduction in principal and a reduction of delinquent interest due on the insured mortgage times the lesser of HUD's percentage of the risk of loss or 50 percent.
(3) HFA second mortgage. Repayment of the relief provided by the HFA must be secured by a second mortgage to the HFA. This second mortgage may provide for postponed amortization and may not be assigned by the HFA. This second mortgage is not insured under this part and may not be insured under any other HUD-related insurance program.
(4) Partial claim repayment by HFA. The HFA must remit to HUD a percentage of all amounts collected on the HFA's second mortgage within 15 days of receipt by the HFA. The applicable percentage is equal to the percentage used in paragraph (d)(2) of this section to determine the partial claim payment amount. Payments made after the 15th day must include a 5 percent late charge plus accrued interest at the debenture rate.
(5) Certified statements of amounts collected. As long as the second mortgage remains of record, the HFA must submit to the Commissioner an annual certified statement of the amounts collected by the HFA. The HFA must submit a final certified statement within 30 days after the second mortgage is paid in full, foreclosed, or otherwise terminated.
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 266 after this date.