24 CFR § 578.109 - Closeout.
(a) In general. Grants will be closed out in accordance with the requirements of 2 CFR part 200, subpart D, and closeout procedures established by HUD.
(c) Closeout agreement. Any obligations remaining as of the date of the closeout must be covered by the terms of a closeout agreement. The agreement will be prepared by HUD in consultation with the recipient. The agreement must identify the grant being closed out, and include provisions with respect to the following:
(1) Identification of any closeout costs or contingent liabilities subject to payment with Continuum of Care program funds after the closeout agreement is signed;
(2) Identification of any unused grant funds to be deobligated by HUD;
(3) Identification of any program income on deposit in financial institutions at the time the closeout agreement is signed;
(4) Description of the recipient's responsibility after closeout for:
(i) Compliance with all program requirements in using program income on deposit at the time the closeout agreement is signed and in using any other remaining Continuum of Care program funds available for closeout costs and contingent liabilities;
(ii) Use of real property assisted with Continuum of Care program funds in accordance with the terms of commitment and principles;
(iii) Use of personal property purchased with Continuum of Care program funds; and
(iv) Compliance with requirements governing program income received subsequent to grant closeout.
(5) Other provisions appropriate to any special circumstances of the grant closeout, in modification of or in addition to the obligations in paragraphs (c)(1) through (4) of this section.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.