24 CFR § 594.5 - Eligible applicants.
(a) General requirements. To be eligible under this program, a neighborhood development organization must be located within the neighborhood for which assistance is to be provided. It cannot be a city-wide consortium, or, in general, an organization serving a large area of the city. The applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
(1) The organization must be incorporated as a private, voluntary, nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State in which it operates;
(2) The organization must be responsible through a governing body to the residents of the neighborhood it serves, and not less than 51 percent of the members of the governing body must be residents of the neighborhood;
(3) The organization must have conducted business for at least one year;
(4) The organization must operate within an area that meets at least one of the following criteria:
(5) The organization must have conducted one or more eligible neighborhood development activities that primarily benefit low- and moderate-income persons.
(b) Special eligibility. Any facility that provides small entrepreneurial business with affordable shared support services and business development services and that meets the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section may also be eligible to participate in this program.