24 CFR 883.307 - Financing.
(a) Types of financing. A State Agency that used the Fast Track Procedures formerly in this part must provide permanent financing for any new construction or substantial rehabilitation project without Federal mortgage insurance, except coinsurance under section 244 under the National Housing Act (12 U.S.C. 1701 et seq). Obligations issued by the HFA for this purpose may be taxable under section 802 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 1440) or tax-exempt under section 103 of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. 103), 24 CFR part 811 or other Federal Law.
(b) HUD approval.
(1) A State Agency, prior to receiving HUD approval of its first New Construction or Substantial Rehabilitation Proposal using contract authority under this part, must submit copies of the documents relating to the method of financing Section 8 projects to HUD for review. These documents shall include bond resolutions or indentures, loan agreements, regulatory agreements, notes, mortgages or deeds of trust and other related documents, if any, but does not need to include the “official statement” or copies of the prospectus for individual bond issues. HUD review will be limited to making certain that the documents are not inconsistent with or in violation of these regulations and the administrative procedures used to implement them. After review, HUD must notify the Agency that the documents are acceptable or, if unacceptable, will request clarification or changes. This review and approval will meet the requirements of 24 CFR 811.107(a).
(2) When an Agency which has received HUD approval of its financing documents proposes substantive changes in them which affect the Section 8 program, the revised documents must be submitted for review. HUD review will be limited to the areas indicated in paragraph (b)(1) of this section and must be carried out promptly. HUD will notify the Agency that the revised documents are acceptable, or, if unacceptable, will request clarification or changes.
(3) The review and approval of financing documents required under 24 CFR part 811 will constitute HUD approval under this section.
(4) The Agency must retain in its files, and make available for HUD inspection, the documentation relating to its financing of Section 8 projects, including any relating to the certifications of compliance with applicable Department of Treasury or HUD regulations (24 CFR part 811) regarding tax-exempt financing.
(c) Pledge of Contracts. The HFA or owner may pledge, or offer as security for any loan or obligation, an Agreement, Contract, or ACC entered into pursuant this part provided that such security is in connection with a project constructed pursuant to this part. Any pledge of the Agreement, Contract, or ACC, or payments thereunder will be limited to the amounts payable under the Contract or ACC in accordance with its terms. If the pledge or other document provides that all payments will be paid directly to the HFA, other mortgagee or the trustee for bondholders, the HFA, other mortgagee or trustee may make all payments or deposits required under the mortgage or trust indenture and remit any excess to the owner.
(d) Foreclosure and other transfers. In the event of assignment, sale, or other disposition of the project or the contracts agreed to by the HFA and approved by HUD (which approval shall not be unreasonably delayed or withheld), foreclosure, or assignment of the mortgage or deed in lieu of foreclosure,
(1) The Agreement, the Contract and the ACC will continue in effect, and
(2) Housing assistance payments will continue in accordance with the terms of the Contract, unless approval to amend or terminate the Agreement, the Contract or the ACC has been obtained from the Assistant Secretary.
(e) In the case of a newly constructed or substantially rehabilitated manufactured home park, the principal amount of any mortgage attributable to the rental spaces in the park may not exceed an amount per space determined in accordance with § 207.33(b) of this title.
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 883 after this date.