24 CFR 964.140 - Resident training.
(a)Resident training opportunities. HUD encourages a partnership between the residents, the HA and HUD, as well as with the public and non-profit sectors to provide training opportunities for public housing residents. The categories in which training could occur include, but are not limited to:
(1) Community organization and leadership training;
(2) Organizational development training for Resident Management Corporations and duly elected Resident Councils;
(3) Public housing policies, programs, rights and responsibilities training; and
(4) Business entrepreneurial training, planning and job skills.
(b)Local training resources. HUD encourages the use of local training resources to ensure the ongoing accessibility and availability of persons to provide training and technical assistance. Possible training resources may include:
(1) Resident organizations;
(2) Housing authorities;
(3) Local community colleges, vocational schools; and
(4) HUD and other Federal agencies and other local public, private and non-profit organizations.
Title 24 published on 14-Jun-2017 03:56
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 964 after this date.