24 CFR 971.9 - Tenant and local government consultation.
(a) PHAs are required to proceed in consultation with affected public housing residents. PHAs must provide copies of their submissions complying with §§ 971.3(a) (1) through (3) to the appropriate tenant councils and resident groups before or immediately after these submissions are provided to HUD.
(b) PHAs must:
(1) Hold a meeting with the residents of the affected sites and explain the requirements of section 202 of OCRA;
(2) Provide an outline of the submission(s) complying with § 971.3(a) (4) and (5) to affected residents; and
(3) Provide a reasonable comment period for residents and must provide a summary of the resident comments to HUD.
(c) PHAs must prepare conversion plans in consultation with affected tenants and must:
(1) Hold a meeting with affected residents and provide draft copies of the plan; and
(2) Provide a reasonable comment period for residents and must provide a summary of the resident comments to HUD.
(d) The conversion plan must be approved by the local officials as not inconsistent with the Consolidated Plan.