24 CFR 982.305 - PHA approval of assisted tenancy.
(a) Program requirements. The PHA may not give approval for the family of the assisted tenancy, or execute a HAP contract, until the PHA has determined that all the following meet program requirements:
(1) The unit is eligible;
(3) The lease includes the tenancy addendum;
(4) The rent to owner is reasonable; and
(5) At the time a family initially receives tenant-based assistance for occupancy of a dwelling unit, and where the gross rent of the unit exceeds the applicable payment standard for the family, the family share does not exceed 40 percent of the family's monthly adjusted income.
(b) Actions before lease term.
(B) In the case of a PHA with more than 1250 budgeted units in its tenant-based program, within a reasonable time after the family submits a request for approval of the tenancy. To the extent practicable, such inspection and determination must be completed within fifteen days after the family and the owner submit a request for approval of the tenancy.
(ii) The fifteen day clock (under paragraph (b)(2)(i)(A) or paragraph (b)(2)(i)(B) of this section) is suspended during any period when the unit is not available for inspection.
(3) In the case of a unit subject to a lease-purchase agreement, the PHA must provide written notice to the family of the environmental requirements that must be met before commencing homeownership assistance for the family (see § 982.626(c)).
(c) When HAP contract is executed.
(1) The PHA must use best efforts to execute the HAP contract before the beginning of the lease term. The HAP contract must be executed no later than 60 calendar days from the beginning of the lease term.
(3) If the HAP contract is executed during the period of 60 calendar days from the beginning of the lease term, the PHA will pay housing assistance payments after execution of the HAP contract (in accordance with the terms of the HAP contract), to cover the portion of the lease term before execution of the HAP contract (a maximum of 60 days).
Title 24 published on 2015-04-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 24 CFR Part 982 after this date.