25 CFR § 162.328 - Must a residential lease provide for rental reviews or adjustments?
(1) The tribe states in a tribal certification or authorization that it has determined that not having rental reviews and/or adjustments is in its best interest; or
(2) The term of the lease is 5 years or less;
(3) The lease provides for automatic rental adjustments; or
(4) We determine it is in the best interest of the Indian landowners not to require a review or automatic adjustment based on circumstances including, but not limited to, the following:
(c) If the conditions in paragraph (a) or (b) of this section are not met, a review of the adequacy of rent must occur at least every fifth year, in the manner specified in the lease. The lease must specify:
(1) When adjustments take effect;
(2) Who can make adjustments;
(3) What the adjustments are based on; and
(4) How to resolve disputes arising from the adjustments.