25 CFR 170.109 - How can State and local governments prevent discrimination or adverse impacts?
(1) Identify potential discrimination; and
(2) Recommend corrective actions to avoid disproportionately high and adverse effects on Tribes and Indian populations.
(b) Examples of adverse effects include, but are not limited to:
(1) Impeding access to Tribal communities or activities;
(2) Creating excessive access to culturally or religiously sensitive areas;
(3) Negatively affecting natural resources, trust resources, Tribal businesses, religious, and cultural sites;
(4) Harming indigenous plants and animals; and
(5) Impairing the ability of Tribal members to engage in commercial, cultural, and religious activities.