25 CFR 170.110 - How can State and local governments prevent discrimination or adverse impacts?
(1) Identify potential discrimination; and
(2) Recommend corrective actions to avoid disproportionately high and adverse effects on tribes and Native American populations.
(b) Examples of adverse effects include, but are not limited to:
(1) Impeding access to tribal communities or activities;
(2) Creating excessive access to culturally or religiously sensitive areas;
(3) Negatively affecting natural resources, trust resources, tribal businesses, religious, and cultural sites;
(4) Harming indigenous plants and animals; and
(5) Impairing the ability of tribal members to engage in commercial, cultural, and religious activities.