25 CFR 170.402 - What is the Tribal role in transportation planning?
(a) All Tribes must prepare a TTIP or Tribal priority list.
(1) Coordinating with States and their political subdivisions, and appropriate planning authorities on regionally significant TTP projects;
(2) Preparing NTTFI data updates and ensuring that the data is entered into the NTTFI;
(3) Facilitating public involvement;
(4) Performing traffic studies;
(5) Developing short- and long-range transportation plans;
(7) Developing and maintaining Tribal management systems;
(8) Participating in transportation planning and other transportation related meetings;
(10) Developing TTP budgets including transportation planning cost estimates;
(11) Conducting special transportation studies, as appropriate;
(12) Researching rights-of-way documents for project planning; and
(13) Performing preliminary project planning or project identification studies.