25 CFR 170.423 - How are projects placed on the IRRTIP?
(a) BIA selects projects from the TTIP or tribal priority list for inclusion on the IRRTIP as follows:
(1) The tribal government develops a list of detailed tasks and information for each project from the tribal priority list or TTIP;
(2) BIA includes this project information in its region-wide control schedule without change, unless the funding required exceeds the amount available to the tribe;
(3) BIA must include projects that are scheduled in the next 3 to 5 years; and
(4) BIA develops the IRRTIP after consulting with the tribes and taking their priorities into account.
(b) A tribe that does not generate enough annual funding under the IRR Program funding formula to complete a project may either:
(1) Submit its tribal priority list to the appropriate BIA Region, which will develop the region-wide control schedule after consulting with the tribe and taking its priorities into account; or
(2) Enter a consortium of tribes and delegate authority to the consortium to develop the TTIP and tribal control schedule;
(3) Enter into agreement with other tribes to permit completion of the project; or
(4) Apply for IRRHPP funding under subpart C.
(c) In order to get a project on the IRRTIP, tribes may seek flexible financing alternatives as described in subpart C.