§ 224.119 What must the Director
do when making a decision on a petition?
(a) The Director must issue a written decision to the tribe and the petitioner stating the basis for the decision about the tribe's compliance or noncompliance with the TERA within 30 days following:
(1) A hearing, if the tribe requested a hearing;
(2) The tribe's declining the opportunity for a hearing; or
(3) The tribe's failure to respond to the opportunity for a hearing within 20 days of the Director's written notice of the opportunity for a hearing.
(b) If the Director decides that the tribe is not in compliance with the TERA, the Director must:
(1) Include findings of fact and conclusions of law with the written decision to the tribe; and
(2) Take action to ensure compliance with the TERA.