25 CFR 256.6 - Am I eligible for the Housing Improvement Program?

Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
§ 256.6 Am I eligible for the Housing Improvement Program?

You are eligible for the HIP if you meet all of the following criteria:

(a) You are a member of a federally recognized Indian tribe;

(b) You live in an approved tribal service area;

(c) Your annual income is 150 percent or less of the Department of Health and Human Services poverty income guidelines, which are available from your servicing housing office or the Department of the Interior Web site at www.bia.gov;

(d) Your present housing is substandard as defined in § 256.2;

(e) You meet the ownership requirements for the assistance needed, as defined in § 256.8, § 256.9, or § 256.10;

(f) You have no other resource for housing assistance;

(g) You have not previously received assistance relating to categories as defined in §§ 256.9, 256.10, and 256.11; and

(h) You did not acquire your present housing through past participation in a Federal government-sponsored housing program over the previous 20 year period.

This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.

This list is taken from the Parallel Table of Authorities and Rules provided by GPO [Government Printing Office].

It is not guaranteed to be accurate or up-to-date, though we do refresh the database weekly. More limitations on accuracy are described at the GPO site.

United States Code

Title 25 published on 2015-04-01

The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 25 CFR Part 256 after this date.

  • 2015-11-10; vol. 80 # 217 - Tuesday, November 10, 2015
    1. 80 FR 69589 - Housing Improvement Program
      GPO FDSys XML | Text
      DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR, Bureau of Indian Affairs
      Final rule.
      This rule is effective December 10, 2015.
      25 CFR Part 256