28 CFR 42.510 - Discrimination prohibited.
prev | next
(1) No qualified handicapped person shall on the basis of handicap be subjected to discrimination in employment under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
(2) A recipient shall make all decisions concerning employment under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance in a manner which insures that discrimination on the basis of handicap does not occur and may not limit, segregate, or classify applicants or employees in any way that adversely affects their opportunities or status because of handicap.
(3) A recipient may not participate in a contractual or other relationship that has the effect of subjecting qualified handicapped applicants or employees to discrimination prohibited by this section. The relationships referred to in this paragraph include relationships with employment and referral agencies, labor unions, organizations providing or administering fringe benefits to employees of the recipient, and organizations providing training and apprenticeships, and with civil service agencies in State or local units of government.
(b) Specific activities. The prohibition against discrimination in employment applies to the following activities:
(2) Hiring, upgrading, promotion, award of tenure, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, right of return from layoff and rehiring;
(3) Pay and any other form of compensation and changes in compensation, including fringe benefits available by virtue of employment, whether or not administered by the recipient;
(4) Job assignments, job classifications, organizational structures, position descriptions, lines of progression, and seniority lists;
(6) Selection and financial support for training, including apprenticeship, professional meetings, conferences, and selection for leaves of absence to pursue training;
(c) In offering employment or promotions to handicapped individuals, recipients may not reduce the amount of compensation offered because of any disability income, pension or other benefit the applicant or employee receives from another source.
Title 28 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 28 CFR Part 42.