28 CFR 42.510 - Discrimination prohibited.
(2) A recipient shall make all decisions concerning employment under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance in a manner which insures that discrimination on the basis of handicap does not occur and may not limit, segregate, or classify applicants or employees in any way that adversely affects their opportunities or status because of handicap.
(3) A recipient may not participate in a contractual or other relationship that has the effect of subjecting qualified handicapped applicants or employees to discrimination prohibited by this section. The relationships referred to in this paragraph include relationships with employment and referral agencies, labor unions, organizations providing or administering fringe benefits to employees of the recipient, and organizations providing training and apprenticeships, and with civil service agencies in State or local units of government.
(b)Specific activities. The prohibition against discrimination in employment applies to the following activities:
(1) Recruitment, advertising, and application processing;
(2) Hiring, upgrading, promotion, award of tenure, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, right of return from layoff and rehiring;
(4) Job assignments, job classifications, organizational structures, position descriptions, lines of progression, and seniority lists;
(5) Leaves of absence, sick leave, or any other leave;
(6) Selection and financial support for training, including apprenticeship, professional meetings, conferences, and selection for leaves of absence to pursue training;
(7) Employer-sponsored activities, including those that are social or recreational; and
(8) Any other term, condition, or privilege of employment.
(c) In offering employment or promotions to handicapped individuals, recipients may not reduce the amount of compensation offered because of any disability income, pension or other benefit the applicant or employee receives from another source.
(d) A recipient's obligation to comply with this section is not affected by any inconsistent term of any collective bargaining agreement to which it is a party.