29 CFR 1926.702 - Requirements for equipment and tools.
(a)Bulk cement storage.
(1) Bulk storage bins, containers, and silos shall be equipped with the following:
(i) Conical or tapered bottoms; and
(ii) Mechanical or pneumatic means of starting the flow of material.
(b)Concrete mixers. Concrete mixers with one cubic yard (.8 m 3) or larger loading skips shall be equipped with the following:
(1) A mechanical device to clear the skip of materials; and
(2) Guardrails installed on each side of the skip.
(c)Power concrete trowels. Powered and rotating type concrete troweling machines that are manually guided shall be equipped with a control switch that will automatically shut off the power whenever the hands of the operator are removed from the equipment handles.
(d)Concrete buggies. Concrete buggy handles shall not extend beyond the wheels on either side of the buggy.
(e)Concrete pumping systems.
(2) Concrete buckets shall be designed to prevent concrete from hanging up on top and the sides.
(h)Bull floats. Bull float handles, used where they might contact energized electrical conductors, shall be constructed of nonconductive material or insulated with a nonconductive sheath whose electrical and mechanical characteristics provide the equivalent protection of a handle constructed of nonconductive material.
(1) No employee shall be permitted to perform maintenance or repair activity on equipment (such as compressors, mixers, screens or pumps used for concrete and masonry construction activities) where the inadvertent operation of the equipment could occur and cause injury, unless all potentially hazardous energy sources have been locked out and tagged.