29 CFR 30.3 - Equal opportunity standards.
(a) Obligations of sponsors. Each sponsor of an apprenticeship program shall:
(1) Recruit, select, employ, and train apprentices during their apprenticeship, without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex; and
(2) Uniformly apply rules and regulations concerning apprentices, including but not limited to, equality of wages, periodic advancement, promotion, assignment of work, job performance, rotation among all work processes of the trade, imposition of penalties or other disciplinary action, and all other aspects of the apprenticeship program administration by the program sponsor; and
(3) Take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship, including adoption of an affirmative action plan as required by this part.
(b) Equal opportunity pledge. Each sponsor of an apprenticeship program shall include in its standards the following equal opportunity pledge:
(c) Programs presently registered. Each sponsor of a program registered with the Department as of the effective date of this part shall within 90 days of that effective date take the following action:
(1) Include in the standards of its apprenticeship program the equal opportunity pledge prescribed by paragraph (b) of this section;
(2) Adopt an affirmative action plan required by § 30.4; and
(3) Adopt a selection procedure required by § 30.5. A sponsor adopting a selection method under § 30.5(b) (1), (2), or (3) shall prepare, and have available for submission upon request, copies of its amended standards, affirmative action plans, and selection procedure. A sponsor adopting a selection method under § 30.5(b)(4) shall submit to the Department copies of its standards, affirmative action plan and selection procedure in accordance with the requirements of § 30.5(b)(4)(i)(a).
(d) Sponsors seeking new registration. A sponsor of a program seeking new registration with the Department shall submit copies of its proposed standards, affirmative action plan, selection procedures, and such other information as may be required. The program shall be registered if such standards, affirmative action plan, and selection procedure meet the requirements of this part.
(e) Programs subject to approved equal employment opportunity programs. A sponsor shall not be required to adopt an affirmative action plan under § 30.4 or a selection procedure under § 30.5 if it submits to the Department satisfactory evidence that it is in compliance with an equal employment opportunity program providing for the selection of apprentices and for affirmative action in apprenticeship including goals and timetables for women and minorities which has been approved as meeting the requirements of title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (42 U.S.C. 2000e et seq.) and its implementing regulations published in title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter XIV or Executive Order 11246, as amended, and its implementing regulations at title 41 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 60: Provided, That programs approved, modified or renewed subsequent to the effective date of this amendment will qualify for this exception only if the goals and timetables for minorities and women for the selection of apprentices provided for in such programs are equal to or greater than the goals required under this part.
(f) Program with fewer than five apprentices. A sponsor of a program in which fewer than five apprentices are indentured shall not be required to adopt an affirmative action plan under § 30.4 or a selection procedure under § 30.5: Provided, That such program was not adopted to circumvent the requirements of this part.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 29 CFR Part 30 after this date.