29 CFR 4043.30 - Liquidation.
(a) Reportable event. A reportable event occurs for a plan when a member of the plan's controlled group—
(1) Is involved in any transaction to implement its complete liquidation (including liquidation into another controlled group member);
(2) Institutes or has instituted against it a proceeding to be dissolved or is dissolved, whichever occurs first; or
(b) Initial information required. In addition to the information in § 4043.3(b), the notice shall include—
(1) The name of each member of the plan's controlled group before and after the liquidation and its ownership relationship to other members of that controlled group; and
(2) For each other plan maintained by any member of the plan's controlled group, identification of the plan and its contributing sponsor(s) by name and EIN/PN or EIN, as appropriate.
(i) The person or persons that liquidate represent a de minimis 10-percent segment of the plan's controlled group for the most recent fiscal year(s) ending on or before the date the reportable event occurs; and
(ii) Each plan that was maintained by the liquidating member is maintained by another member of the plan's controlled group after the liquidation.
(2) Foreign entity. Notice is waived if each person that liquidates is a foreign entity other than a foreign parent.
(3) Plan funding. Notice is waived if each plan that was maintained by the liquidating member is maintained by another member of the plan's controlled group after the liquidation and—
(i) No variable rate premium. No variable rate premium is required to be paid for the plan for the event year;
(ii) $1 million unfunded vested benefits. As of the testing date for the event year, the plan has less than $1 million in unfunded vested benefits; or
(iii) No unfunded vested benefits. As of the testing date for the event year, the plan would have no unfunded vested benefits if unfunded vested benefits were determined in accordance with the assumptions and methodology in § 4010.4(b)(2) of this chapter.
(ii) As of the testing date for the event year, the fair market value of the plan's assets is at least 80 percent of the plan's vested benefits amount; and
(iii) Each plan that was maintained by the liquidating member is maintained by another member of the plan's controlled group after the liquidation.
(1) Form 1 extension. 30 days after the plan's variable rate premium filing due date for the event year if a waiver under any of paragraphs (c)(3)(i) through (c)(3)(iii) or (c)(4) of this section would apply if “the plan year preceding the event year” were substituted for “the event year”;
(2) Foreign parent and foreign-linked entity. 30 days after the plan's first Form 5500 due date after the person required to notify the PBGC has actual knowledge of the transaction and of the controlled group relationship, if the person liquidating is a foreign parent or foreign-linked entity; and
(3) Press releases; Forms 100. If the plan's contributing sponsor is a public company, 30 days after the earlier of—
Title 29 published on 2013-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 29 CFR Part 4043.