29 CFR 4043.35 - Bankruptcy or similar settlement.
(a) Reportable event. A reportable event occurs for a plan when any member of the plan's controlled group -
(1) Commences or has commenced against it any insolvency proceeding (including, but not limited to, the appointment of a receiver) other than a bankruptcy case under the Bankruptcy Code;
(2) Commences, or has commenced against it, a proceeding to effect a composition, extension, or settlement with creditors;
(3) Executes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors; or
(4) Undertakes to effect any other nonjudicial composition, extension, or settlement with substantially all its creditors.
(b) Waivers -
(1) De minimis 10-percent segment. Notice under this section is waived if the person described in paragraph (a) of this section is not a contributing sponsor of the plan and represents a de minimis 10-percent segment of the plan's controlled group for the most recent fiscal year(s) ending on or before the date the reportable event occurs.
(2) Foreign entity. Notice under this section is waived if the person described in paragraph (a) of this section is a foreign entity other than a foreign parent.
Title 29 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 29 CFR Part 4043 after this date.