30 CFR 250.802 - Requirements for SPPE.
(a) All SSVs, BSDVs, and USVs and their actuators must meet all of the specifications contained in ANSI/API Spec. 6A and API Spec. 6AV1 (both incorporated by reference as specified in § 250.198).
(b) All SSSVs and their actuators must meet all of the specifications and recommended practices of ANSI/API Spec. 14A and ANSI/API RP 14B, including all annexes (both incorporated by reference as specified in § 250.198). Subsurface-controlled SSSVs are not allowed on subsea wells.
(c) Requirements derived from the documents incorporated in this section for SSVs, BSDVs, USVs, and SSSVs and their actuators, include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Each device must be designed to function and to close in the most extreme conditions to which it may be exposed, including temperature, pressure, flow rates, and environmental conditions. You must have an independent third-party review and certify that each device will function as designed under the conditions to which it may be exposed. The independent third-party must have sufficient expertise and experience to perform the review and certification.
(2) All materials and parts must meet the original equipment manufacturer specifications and acceptance criteria.
(3) The device must pass applicable validation tests and functional tests performed by an API-licensed test agency.
(4) You must have requalification testing performed following manufacture design changes.
(5) You must comply with and document all manufacturing, traceability, quality control, and inspection requirements.
(6) You must follow specified installation, testing, and repair protocols.
(7) You must use only qualified parts, procedures, and personnel to repair or redress equipment.
(d) You must install and use SPPE according to the following table.
|If . . .||Then . . .|
|(1) You need to install any SPPE . . .||You must install SPPE that conforms to
|(2) A non-certified SPPE is already in service . . .||It may remain in service on that well.|
|(3) A non-certified SPPE requires offsite repair, re-manufacturing, or any hot work such as welding . . .||You must replace it with SPPE that conforms to
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 250 after this date.