§ 551.13 Reimbursement for the costs of reproducing data
and information and certain processing costs.
(a) BOEM will reimburse you or a third party for reasonable costs of reproducing data and information that the Regional Director requests if:
(1) You deliver G&G data and information to BOEM for the Regional Director to inspect or select and retain (according to § 551.11 or § 551.12);
(2) BOEM receives your request for reimbursement and the Regional Director determines that the requested reimbursement is proper; and
(3) The cost is at your lowest rate (or a third party's) or at the lowest commercial rate established in the area, whichever is less.
(b) BOEM will reimburse you or the third party for the reasonable costs of processing geophysical information (which does not include cost of data acquisition):
(1) If, at the request of the Regional Director, you processed the geophysical data or information in a form or manner other than that used in the normal conduct of business; or
(2) If you collected the information under a permit that BOEM issued to you before October 1, 1985, and the Regional Director requests and retains the information.
(c) When you request reimbursement, you must identify reproduction and processing costs separately from acquisition costs.
(d) BOEM will not reimburse you or a third party for data acquisition costs or for the costs of analyzing or processing geological information or interpreting geological or geophysical information.