30 CFR 735.21 - Grant reduction and termination.
(a)Conditions for reduction or termination.
(1) If an agency violates the terms of a grant agreement, the Director or his authorized designee may reduce or terminate the grant.
(2) If an agency fails to implement, enforce or maintain an approved program, or cooperative agreement, the Director or his authorized designee shall terminate the administration and enforcement grant or cooperative agreement grant.
(3) If an agency fails to implement, enforce or maintain only a part of the program, the Director or his authorized designee shall reduce the grant to the amount of the program being operated by the agency.
(4) If an agency is not in compliance with the following nondiscrimination provisions, the Director or his authorized designee shall terminate the grant -
(i) Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252). Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs, which provides that no person in the United States shall on the grounds of race, color or national origin be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance, and the implementing regulations at 43 CFR part 17.
(ii)Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, Equal Employment Opportunity, requiring that employees or applicants for employment not be discriminated against because of race, creed, color, sex, or national origin, and the implementing regulations at 41 CFR part 60.
(b)Grant reduction and termination procedures.
(1) The Director or his authorized designee shall give at least 10 days written notice to the agency by certified mail, return receipt requested, of intent to reduce or terminate a grant. The Director or his authorized designee shall include in the notice the reasons for the proposed action and the proposed effective date of the action.
(2) The Director or his authorized designee shall afford the agency opportunity for consultation and remedial action prior to reducing or terminating a grant.
(3) The Director or his authorized designee shall notify the agency of the termination or reduction of the grant in writing by certified mail, return receipt requested.
(4) Upon termination the agency shall refund or credit to the United States that portion of the grant money paid or owed to the agency and allocated to the terminated portion of the grant. However any portion of the grant that is required to meet commitments made prior to the effective date of termination shall be retained by the agency.
(6) Upon notification of intent to terminate the agency shall not make any new commitments without the approval of the Director or his authorized designee.
(7) The Director or his authorized designee may allow termination costs as determined by applicable Federal cost principles listed in Federal Management Circular 74-4.
(2) An agency shall include in an appeal -
(i) The decision being appealed, and
(ii) The facts which the agency believes justify a reversal or modification of the decision.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 30 CFR Part 735.