30 CFR 761.14 - Procedures for relocating or closing a public road or waiving the prohibition on surface coal mining operations within the buffer zone of a public road.
(a) This section does not apply to:
(2) Lands within the scope of the exception for existing operations in § 761.12.
(1) Relocate a public road;
(2) Close a public road; or
(c) Before approving an action proposed under paragraph (b) of this section, the regulatory authority, or a public road authority that it designates, must determine that the interests of the public and affected landowners will be protected. Before making this determination, the authority must:
(1) Provide a public comment period and opportunity to request a public hearing in the locality of the proposed operation;
(2) If a public hearing is requested, publish appropriate advance notice at least two weeks before the hearing in a newspaper of general circulation in the affected locality; and
(3) Based upon information received from the public, make a written finding as to whether the interests of the public and affected landowners will be protected. If a hearing was held, the authority must make this finding within 30 days after the hearing. If no hearing was held, the authority must make this finding within 30 days after the end of the public comment period.
- 30 CFR 778.16 — Status of Unsuitability Claims.
- 30 CFR 773.6 — Public Participation in Permit Processing.
- 30 CFR 761.10 — Information Collection.
- 30 CFR 780.33 — What Information Must I Provide Concerning the Relocation or Use of Public Roads?
- 30 CFR 761.11 — Areas Where Surface Coal Mining Operations Are Prohibited or Limited.
- 30 CFR 784.33 — What Information Must I Provide Concerning the Relocation or Use of Public Roads?