30 CFR 777.13 - What requirements apply to the collection, analysis, and reporting of technical data and to the use of models?
(a)Technical data and analyses.
(1) All technical data submitted in the application must be accompanied by metadata, including, but not limited to, the names of persons or organizations that collected and analyzed the data, the dates that the data were collected and analyzed, descriptions of the methodology used to collect and analyze the data, the quality assurance and quality control procedures used by the laboratory and the results of those procedures, and the field sampling sheets for each surface-water sample collected and for each groundwater sample collected from wells, seeps, and springs. For electronic data, metadata must include identification of any data transformations.
(2) Technical analyses must be planned by or under the direction of a professional qualified in the subject to be analyzed.
(b)Sampling and analyses of groundwater and surface water. All sampling and analyses of groundwater and surface water performed to meet the requirements of this subchapter must be conducted according to -
(2) A scientifically defensible methodology acceptable to the regulatory authority, in coordination with any agency responsible for administering or implementing a program under the Clean Water Act, 33 U.S.C. 1251et seq., that requires water sampling and analysis.
(c)Geological sampling and analysis. All geological sampling and analyses performed to meet the requirements of this subchapter must be conducted using a scientifically defensible methodology.
(d)Use of models.
(2) You must use actual site-specific data to calibrate each model. All models must be validated for the region and ecosystem in which they will be used.
(3) The regulatory authority may either disallow the use of models or require that you submit additional actual, site-specific data.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 777 after this date.
- 30 CFR 784.23 — What Information Must I Include in Plans for the Monitoring of Groundwater, Surface Water, and the Biological Condition of Streams During and After Mining?
- 30 CFR 780.23 — What Information Must I Include in Plans for the Monitoring of Groundwater, Surface Water, and the Biological Condition of Streams During and After Mining?
- 30 CFR 817.36 — How Must I Monitor Surface Water?
- 30 CFR 817.35 — How Must I Monitor Groundwater?
- 30 CFR 816.35 — How Must I Monitor Groundwater?
- 30 CFR 816.37 — How Must I Monitor the Biological Condition of Streams?
- 30 CFR 817.37 — How Must I Monitor the Biological Condition of Streams?
- 30 CFR 816.36 — How Must I Monitor Surface Water?