30 CFR 816.11 - What signs and markers must I post?
(a)General specifications. Signs and markers required under this part must -
(2) Be of a uniform design throughout the operation;
(3) Be easily seen and read;
(4) Be made of durable material; and
(5) Conform to local ordinances and codes.
(b)Duration of maintenance. You must maintain signs and markers during the conduct of all activities to which they pertain.
(c)Mine and permit identification signs.
(1) You must display identification signs at each point of access to the permit area from public roads.
(2) The signs must show the name, business address, and telephone number of the person who conducts the surface mining activities and the identification number of the current SMCRA permit authorizing surface mining activities.
(3) You must retain and maintain the signs until the release of all bonds for the permit area.
(e)Stream buffer zone markers. You must clearly mark the boundaries of any buffer to be maintained between surface mining activities and a perennial or intermittent stream in accordance with §§ 780.28 and 816.57 of this chapter to avoid disturbance by surface mining activities.