31 CFR 1.24 - Disclosure of records to person other than the individual to whom they pertain.
(a)Conditions of disclosure. No component of Treasury shall disclose any record which is contained in a system of records maintained by it by any means of communication to any person, or to another agency, except pursuant to a written request by, or with the prior written consent of, the individual to whom the record pertains, or the parent, if a minor, or legal guardian, if incompetent, of such individual, unless disclosure of the record would be:
(1) To those offices and employees of the Department of the Treasury who have a need for the record in the performance of their duties;
(4) To the Bureau of the Census for purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity pursuant to the provisions of title 13 of the U.S. Code;
(5) To a recipient who has provided the component with advance adequate written assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record, and the record is to be transferred in a form that is not individually identifiable;
(6) To the National Archives of the United States as a record which has sufficient historical or other value to warrant its continued preservation by the United States Government, or for evaluation by the Administrator of General Services or the designee of such official to determine whether the record has such value;
(7) To another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity.
(i) If the activity is authorized by law; and
(ii) If the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a written request to the Department of the Treasury specifying the particular portion desired and the law enforcement activities for which the record is sought;
(8) To a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual, if upon such disclosure, notification is transmitted to the last known address of such individual;
(9) To either House of Congress, or, to the extent of matter within its jurisdiction, any committee or subcommittee thereof, any joint committee of Congress or subcommittee of any such joint committee.
(10) To the Comptroller General, or the authorized representatives of such official, in the course of the performance of the duties of the General Accounting Office; or
(11) Pursuant to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction. (See 5 U.S.C. 552a(b))
Title 31 published on 08-Apr-2017 03:32
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 1 after this date.