31 CFR 551.201 - Prohibited transactions.
All transactions prohibited pursuant to Executive Order 13536 are also prohibited pursuant to this part.
The names of persons listed in or designated pursuant to Executive Order 13536, whose property and interests in property therefore are blocked pursuant to this section, are published in the Federal Register and incorporated into the Office of Foreign Assets Control's Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List (“SDN List”) with the identifier “[SOMALIA].” The SDN List is accessible through the following page on the Office of Foreign Assets Control's Web site: http://www.treasury.gov/sdn. Additional information pertaining to the SDN List can be found in appendix A to this chapter. See § 551.406 concerning entities that may not be listed on the SDN List but whose property and interests in property are nevertheless blocked pursuant to this section.
The International Emergency Economic Powers Act ( 50 U.S.C. 1701- 1706), in Section 203 ( 50 U.S.C. 1702), authorizes the blocking of property and interests in property of a person during the pendency of an investigation. The names of persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pending investigation pursuant to this section also are published in the Federal Register and incorporated into the SDN List with the identifier “[BPI-SOMALIA].”
Sections 501.806 and 501.807 of this chapter describe the procedures to be followed by persons seeking, respectively, the unblocking of funds that they believe were blocked due to mistaken identity, or administrative reconsideration of their status as persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this section.
- 31 CFR 551.301 — Blocked Account; Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 551.404 — Transactions Ordinarily Incident to a Licensed Transaction Authorized.
- 31 CFR 551.405 — Setoffs Prohibited.
- 31 CFR 551.201 — Prohibited Transactions.
- 31 CFR 551.406 — Entities Owned by a Person Whose Property and Interests in Property Are Blocked.
- 31 CFR 551.507 — Authorization of Emergency Medical Services.
- 31 CFR 551.506 — Provision of Certain Legal Services Authorized.
- 31 CFR 551.403 — Termination and Acquisition of an Interest in Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 551.202 — Effect of Transfers Violating the Provisions of This Part.
- 31 CFR 551.203 — Holding of Funds in Interest-Bearing Accounts; Investment and Reinvestment.
- 31 CFR 551.504 — Payments and Transfers to Blocked Accounts in U.S. Financial Institutions.