31 CFR 560.205 - Prohibited reexportation of goods, technology, or services to Iran or the Government of Iran by persons other than United States persons; exceptions.
(a) Except as otherwise authorized pursuant to this part, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to May 7, 1995, the reexportation from a third country, directly or indirectly, by a person other than a United States person, of any goods, technology, or services that have been exported from the United States is prohibited, if:
(2) The exportation of such goods, technology, or services from the United States to Iran was subject to export license application requirements under any United States regulations in effect on May 6, 1995, or thereafter is made subject to such requirements imposed independently of this part (see § 560.414).
(1) Substantially transformed into a foreign-made product outside the United States; or
(2) Incorporated into a foreign-made product outside the United States if the aggregate value of such goods and technology described in paragraph (a)(2) of this section constitutes less than 10 percent of the total value of the foreign-made product to be exported from a third country (see § 560.420).
The reexportation of U.S.-origin goods or technology, including U.S.-origin goods or technology that have been incorporated or substantially transformed into a foreign-made product, not prohibited by this section, may require authorization by the U.S. Department of Commerce under the Export Administration Regulations ( 15 CFR parts 730- 774) or by the U.S. State Department under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ( 22 CFR 123.9).
- 31 CFR 560.414 — Reexportation of Certain U.S.-origin Goods Exported Prior to May 7, 1995.
- 31 CFR 560.205 — Prohibited Reexportation of Goods, Technology, or Services to Iran or the Government of Iran by Persons Other Than United States Persons; Exceptions.
- 31 CFR 560.420 — Reexportation by non-U.S. Persons of Certain Foreign-Made Products Containing U.S.-origin Goods or Technology.
- 31 CFR 560.555 — Winding-Down of Transactions Prohibited by § 560.215.