31 CFR § 802.210 - Covered port.
(a) The term covered port means, subject to paragraph (b) of this section, any port that is listed:
(1) In the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration's annual final enplanement data as a “large hub airport,” as that term is defined in 49 U.S.C. 40102;
(2) In the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration's annual final all-cargo landed weight data as an airport with annual aggregate all-cargo landed weight greater than 1.24 billion pounds;
(3) By the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration as a “joint use airport,” as that term is defined in 49 U.S.C. 47175;
(4) By the Department of Transportation, Maritime Administration as a commercial strategic seaport within the National Port Readiness Network; or
(5) By the Department of Transportation, Bureau of Transportation Statistics as a top 25 tonnage, container, or dry bulk port.
(1) Any port that is added after February 13, 2020 to any of the lists described in paragraph (a) of this section shall be deemed not to be in effect as a covered port until 30 days after the port's addition to the relevant list maintained by the Department of Transportation; and
(2) In the context of a particular transaction, the covered ports in effect on the day immediately prior to, the earlier of, the date on which the parties sign a written document establishing the material terms of the transaction, or the completion date of the transaction, shall apply.