32 CFR 1656.16 - Early release
(1) Has failed to meet the performance standards of available alternative service employment because of physical, mental or moral reasons;
(2) No longer meets the physical, mental or moral standards that are required for retention in the Armed Forces based on a physical or mental examination at a MEPS or other location designated by Selective Service;
(3) Is planning to return to school and has been accepted by such school and scheduled to enter within 30 days prior to the scheduled completion of his alternative service obligation;
(4) Has been accepted for employment and that such employment will not be available if he remains in alternative service the full 24 months. Such early release shall not occur more than 30 days before the scheduled completion of his alternative service obligation; or
(5) Has enlisted in or has been inducted into the Armed Forces of the United States.